Quality custom designed and handcrafted log and timberframe homes and commercial projects
About Eco Log Homes …
“Eco Log Homes” was established near Smithers in 1989.
The owner and founder of Eco Log Homes:
- Earned an Engineering Degree in Architecture (Germany)
- Worked for several Architectural and Engineering firms in Germany, Australia and Canada
- Specialized in Log and Timber Construction
- Focused on Bio-Architecture, solar design and healthy buildings
- Has a total of 30 years professional experience in the construction field
- Learned the trade of Canadian log building with Dell Radomske
- Immigrated to B.C. Canada in 1987
- Worked for Radomske Log Homes, the Okanagon School of Log building, Highland Log Homes and others doing log work as well as designing and consulting
- Established ECO LOG HOMES near Smithers in 1989. Serving the local area in North-western B.C. since then
Throughout his professional career Peter Erbel designed and constructed numerous community-based, commercial as well as residential projects. His latest creations of 2005-06 are:
- The “Energy Centre of the North”, a concept design with Tourist Info and Chamber of Commerce office in Houston.
- “The River House”, a log home residence with art studio and guest cabins.
- The “Aspen Restaurant”, a renovation with a log and timber frame.
- Houston Public Pool Entrance, a log and timber pergola structure.
- The “Smithers Visitor Centre”, a concept design for a multi-purpose tourist info.
- Wilderness and adventure lodge design
- Several residential designs in log and timbers
- Log and timber finishing work
- Interior restaurant design work